Thursday 16 November 2017

My Dream Guitar

Gretsch Falcon guitars

Like any musician, one version of you weapon of choice, in my case guitar, is never enough. Despite being just 21 and being skint all the time, i have the privilege of saying that I own 3 beautiful guitars which I endeavor to give equal attention. These consist of a timeless budget Fender Strat which I have reviewed on this very blog, a bright and well crafted Tanglewood which I have also reviewed on here, and a budget Epiphone LP that was given to me on my 21st birthday. I adore all of my guitars as my lovely girlfriend and my family would testify and they all sound unique from each other and I believe that I have a playing style which is unique to me. I will own, treasure and play them all forever.



Nonetheless, ever since I first laid eyes on the Gretsch White Falcon in none other than Denmark street, and later saw it in the video for Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers being played by the brilliant Frusciante , I have always wanted one of my own in glossy black. With them being such an expensive guitar, they are not offered to test out with the same blaze attitude as most models and thus I have never played one but I have held one and the weight and balance is perfect. The model I held was called the Black Falcon (not the most original name but pretty damn accurate). If you have never heard of this guitar I have put a clip from YouTube on the bottom of this post so please do watch it and if you have the chance then give a Gretsch a try in person. They are deep and rich in tone and the body is wide and hollow enough that you can produce a great sound even from unplugged and when they are paired with a valve amp the combination is a symphony of beauty.




Thank you for your time and I hope you are all well and are looking forward to my favourite time of the year and the time of peace on earth and good will to all men. Be lucky!


*All images sourced from google .I do not claim to own any rights 


No comments:

Post a Comment